Vai al contenuto

Activision Blizzard King si unisce a Xbox - Ufficiale

Mirko91

Messaggi raccomandati

There's really only been one major opposer to the deal and it's Sony and Sony's trying to protect their dominance on console. And the way they grow is by making Xbox smaller. They have a very different view of the industry than we do. They don't ship their games day and date on PC. They don't put their games into the subscription when they launch their games. They're starting to think about mobile as I see from the outside, just kind of reading some of the moves that they're doing. But because Sony's leading all of the dialogue around why this deal shouldn't go through to protect their dominant position and console, the thing that they grab onto is Call of Duty. And we've said over and over we will make a multi-year, 10 year commitment to PlayStation. It was the first call Satya and I made: to ship Call of Duty on PlayStation.

Satya and I, Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft. We made a call to the CEO of Sony the day that the deal was announced to say that it's our intent to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation. And they actually publicly affirmed that at the time. Now we're kind of getting in the slow role on the negotiation because it has become good fodder for the regulators to discuss this. If you just look at the deal model itself, I mean, it's not hard to think about how much of the valuation of this company is Call of Duty revenue that happens on PlayStation and to pay what we're paying for the overall Activision Blizzard King and then instantly impair the asset by saying we're gonna pull the largest console version of Call of Duty out of the business model of this company. Literally would take billions and billions that we have to write off almost instantly because we would impair what Activision is.

We've made the statements to Sony that we will continue to ship Call of Duty on PlayStation. We've tried to make a 10 year commitment, same version, same features, we've said the same thing to regulators. I haven't really heard a customer opposition of how a consumer who's gonna get more choice through this acquisition, of what the harm is. But the hard harm to the largest console maker seems to be where the regulators are spending a lot of time. And I mean they're really twice as big as we are in the console market. So, I find it challenging cause the largest console maker in the world is raising an objection about one franchise that we've said we will continue to ship on the platform. And it's a deal that benefits customers through choice and access and Call of Duty is an important part of it. Like you said, Call of Duty mobile is part of the Call of Duty franchise itself. How to decouple that from what happens on other platforms seems really, really challenging. When PlayStation players are getting the same great Call of Duty experience they had this year, they would get the same thing next year and the year forward, if the deal closes

Parole e Musica di Phil Spencer

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Su resetera hanno riportato una dichiarazione di Sony in merito all'accordo MS/Nintendo

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-is-making-a-10-year-commitment-to-bring-call-of-duty-to-nintendo-steam-up-sony-responds-see-threadmarks.661762/page-18#post-97755352

A new internal report from MLex says this:

Microsoft's Call of Duty deal with Nintendo is misleading, Sony argues

Sony has criticized Microsoft's deal to make the game Call of Duty available on Nintendo — should its $69 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard be approved by regulators — as smoke and mirrors, MLex has learned.

Activision Blizzard could supply Call of Duty to Nintendo today, but doesn't, because Nintendo's younger audience is not interested in the first-person shooter and a previous version of the game on its console was a commercial flop, the arch critic of the deal says, MLex understands.

Instead of being a logical business decision, the licensing agreement is a tactic designed to make Microsoft — whose acquisition has drawn concerns in the EU, UK and US — look cooperative with regulators, the argument goes.

Furthermore, Nintendo's Switch could not run Call of Duty easily and may never be able to, Sony argues, MLex understands. Developing a version of the game compatible with the Switch could take years, making a 10-year licensing deal meaningless.

It is easier for Nintendo to enter into such an agreement, Sony says, MLex has learned. Nintendo doesn't need to worry about equal treatment for its subscription service or cloud gaming service as those are not areas where it currently competes aggressively, the argument goes.

Probabilmente gli avvocati di Sony bazzicano da queste parti :asd:

Risposta che non mi stupisce e che trovo anche verosimile, visto che stamattina avevo visto un tweet di Chris Dring (che reputo pure nu bravo guaglione, ma spesso ripete a pappagallo le posizioni di Jimbo) dire più o meno la stessa cosa.

Io evito di commentare :asd:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

se continua così i bozzi finiranno al manicomio, un giorno esultano perchè COD diventa esclusiva, il giorno dopo esultano perchè non è più esclusiva e arriva anche su nintendo.
il pifferaio magico di microsoft li porta da una sponda all'altra,  si spera che alla fine non facciamo la stessa fine dei topi.

nota di moderazione:evitiamo termini come “bozzi” ,grazie!

Modificato da Onezero
  • Haha 4
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

10 minuti fa, quark ha scritto:

se continua così i bozzi finiranno al manicomio, un giorno esultano perchè COD diventa esclusiva, il giorno dopo esultano perchè non è più esclusiva e arriva anche su nintendo.
il pifferaio magico di microsoft li porta da una sponda all'altra,  si spera che alla fine non facciamo la stessa fine dei topi.

L'importante, come sempre, è crederci fortissimo (oltre a dimostrare un discreto talento tanto nella comprensione del testo quanto nella creazione di metafore)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

5 minuti fa, iTzPonio ha scritto:

Ecco perché Sony ha rifiutato i 10 anni, ora altri 7 mesi di rottura di scatole…

Sicuramente non si chiuderà a Giugno, forse manco entro il 2023

Potrebbe rimpiangere gli anni offerti.

La FTC ha un pessimo score di cause vinte, ed in tribunale le acquisizioni non passano attraverso trattative o concessioni.

O passano o non passano.

Modificato da Riverside
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

12 minuti fa, Riverside ha scritto:

Potrebbe rimpiangere gli anni offerti.

La FTC ha un pessimo score di cause vinte, ed in tribunale le acquisizioni non passano attraverso trattative o concessioni.

O passano o non passano.

Manco Microsoft ha sto grande score di vittorie in tribunale se per quello…

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

2 minuti fa, iTzPonio ha scritto:

Manco Microsoft ha sto grande score di vittorie in tribunale se per quello…

Non è assolutamente così.

Ma a questo punto godiamoci la battaglia.

20221208_213416.thumb.jpg.44d6788ae48798bfa4e3e4e3207680c0.jpg

È interessante notare che sarebbe stato il governo Biden a spingere la FTC in tribunale

Modificato da Riverside
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

35 minuti fa, Boys ha scritto:

Screenshot_20221208-120723.png?width=706

Questa è una cazzata, MS non ha mai detto che tutti i giochi Bethesda sarebbero stati disponibili ovunque , ma che non avrebbe tolto quelli già presenti(skirim,Fallout,etc) e avrebbe rispettato gli accordi precedenti, STARFIELD e REDFALL sono nuove ip e MS giustamente ci fa il cazzo che vuole  così come con i nuovi capitoli delle IP Bethesda, quindi la FTC sta mentendo.

In tribunale verranno spazzati via dagli avvocati di MS.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Partecipa alla conversazione

Puoi pubblicare ora e registrarti più tardi. Se hai un account, accedi ora per pubblicarlo con il tuo account.

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Sono consentiti solo 75 emoticon max.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato.   Pulisci editor

×   Non puoi incollare le immagini direttamente. Carica o inserisci immagini dall'URL.

• Crea Nuovo...